Thursday, October 24, 2013

One Week More! (Parody of Les Miserables "One Day More")‏

So this week was an interesting yet good week. First off guess who the ENTIRE Montoute Family (That's like 8 people so it must be true) said I looked like? Brad Freakin Pitt. So obviously I was very excited about that. Because I currently have a buzzed head and they said that is what has brought the Brad Pitt'ness out. However there is a backstory to all of this. So you know in Love's Labours Lost when it gets all serious at the end because the Princess' Father died. Well I would always tell everyone that that's when I go from bringing out the James Roday'ness to bringing the Brad Pitt'ness. And they all laughed and told me that I could never be like Brad Pitt. (Despite my obvious resemblence to him when it comes to looks.) So to all of those doubters I would like to quote from a Phil Collins song. "Take a look at me now." (Pretty sure that's Phil Collins) Ha so that's about it. It made my week though. :)
So my knee isn't doing the best but I have kept going. I have received a lot of strength and just hope to Keep on Trucking! (That's a great image for someone my size. I like it.) But one of our investigators, Tony, has been super concerned about it. He wants to keep me taken care of. He is an awesome guy. 
The most spiritual experience came from a blessing I received from Elder Hatch. As i have already expressed I have so much respect for him. He is my Hero! He came over on Tuesday night and gave me a blessing. It was one of the most spiritual experiences I have ever had. It was a real blessing of comfort. I know that the Spirit guided that blessing. I don't remember much that he said but I will never forget the way I felt. The Spirit was so strong and brought so much comfort during a hard time. I am so grateful for the Priesthood and all the blessings I have recieved over the years. It really is so powerful. 
Once again I know that our Heavenly Father is mindful of us. And as the Lord told Samuel, He looks upon the heart. So we must all have the desire to go about doing good! I miss you all so much but I am glad that I have been blessed with the opportunity to serve here. Keep it real! Love ya!

-Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment