Monday, October 7, 2013

Living to see another transfer

So we got our transfer calls on Saturday just before conference and I found out that me and Elder Jamison are going to be staying for another transfer in the port of spain! I am so happy about that!
Conference this week was great! We watched it at the church and it was so good! I loved how the theme was hastening the work! Especially on Saturday! It was kinda hard at the same time too though. Looking back some of my greatest memories is being able to watch conference with the fam. I really missed that! Especially the Priesthood session with Dad and everybody. Not going to lie, that was tough. I loved conference though! I didn't really have a favorite talk but I loved many of them. Elder Holland's was obviously one of my favorites once again. It was a different topic than I was expecting but I loved how he talked about how one day we would all be made perfect. How great will that day be? I also love Elder Ballard's talk on Saturday. Then Uncle Boyd came through once again with a great talk. Also we had an investigator named Norma come to all four sessions! It was so awesome! She is going to be baptized just now!
So this week my favorite experience came from working with a young girl named Jamalia. She is almost 9. We had been teaching her dad Tony for sometime now and he will be baptized once his divorce goes through. He is such an amazing humble man. But Jamalia has shown the desire to get baptized and should be on saturday. She is the most innocent, adorable, little girl and loves church! So on Friday we were teaching her about prayer and invited her to say a prayer on her own. She had never done this before. So we told her just to talk to her Heavenly Father. And she did! It was so simple yet so powerful. You could tell that she was having a conversation with her Heavenly Father. Tony was just beaming afterwards! That was probably one of my favorite experiences so far.
I know that Heavenly Father answers our prayers. He listens and cares about us individually. Thank you so much for all of the prayers that have been said for me. I truly notice their effects all the time. I could not do this if it wasn't for prayer and the blessings that come from it. 
I love you all and keep it real back home!
-Elder Smith
 Susan's Baptism


 I'm in the same district with Elder Beck here still! I love this kid!

 I was on a tradeoff with Elder Brown and this is him with our food! 



Not nearly as good as Brigham's... But you can't win them all! 

No comments:

Post a Comment