Monday, June 9, 2014

Looking Up

Randon said he will be getting transferred next week but he doesn't know where yet.  I will post his new address as soon as I know it.

So this week was crazy but good! We talked to a lot of people and really just had a pretty good week! We found out that Granny might be going up to New York so that she can have better care so that's pretty crazy! I also don't know how much longer I am going to have on ST. Lucia so I am enjoying my time here as much as I can!
So this week I was able to put my seminary experience to use and teach institute! Sylvia is the teacher but since she is still sick I took it upon myself to teach! It was really pretty cool and I had a lot of fun doing it! 
We have been working a lot with O'Brian to get referrals because he literally tells EVERYONE about the church and the Book of Mormon and just bears pure testimony on it! I love him! He is so amazing! But anyway we have been teaching one of his friends named Gavy and he really has been progressing an awful lot. So we are excited about him! 
Another person is Jazzy. Jazzy is Sylvia's son who we have been working with a ton and we jsut haven't really been able to get through with him. So last night we taught him and had a huge breakthrough. We talked about how Heavenly Father has already provided a way for us to return to live with him. The debt has already been paid! All we need to do is our part! So we asked him, "What are some things you need to do to return?" We were just expecting him to say the usual, "Church, read my scriptures.." Type answer but he was just like, "I need to repent and be baptized." So I'm not going to lie, I was caught off guard a little. And by little, I mean lickle. But I was just like, "Yahtzee!" Ha so he nailed it! He is now praying about a baptism date and so I am pumped about that!
We have two baptisms hopefully this week. One is Phoebe, the nine year old girl and then the other is Michael Paul. MP has been meeting with the missionaries for a while but wasn't willing to change to get baptized. But on sunday he came up to Elder Day and said I want to be baptized as soon as I can! So we are going to go make sure he has made those changes and baptize him. We're excited!
This transfer has been one that has forced me to really endure to the end. It has been tough but I have seen many blessings. Thanks so much for your prayers! I feel the influence of those everyday! I love you all!
Love,
Elder Smith

"We are Heavenly Father’s children. He wants to be a part of our lives, to bless us, and to help us. He will heal our wounds, dry our tears, and help us along our path to return to His presence. As we look to Him, He will lead us."
-Carl B Cook

No comments:

Post a Comment