Monday, June 23, 2014

Transfer Calls

So this is the moment you have all been waiting for, Yes transfer calls! Alright I am going to Barbados to be a District Leader with Elder Bechan! I am so pumped! Elder Bechan was the ZL here in St. Lucia for my first transfer back so I know him really well! He is going home in 6 weeks and is a dang good missionary! I am going to learn so much from him! He is from Holland and is just a boss! I couldn't be happier about it! am way excited! I will get to see Elder Beck also so that is going to be sweet! So yup I fly out on Wednesday afternoon! I am excited!
So I don't really know what else to say here other than I am going to miss St. Lucia a lot. This has become my home. I am going to miss so many people! Elder Glade and I are now referred to as the Primary Elders so we got pretty dang tight with those lickle kids. I am going to miss them. I am going to miss Granny an awful lot. It was funny when we told her about how I was leaving and she said, "Is it President Mehr who is sending you away? I hate him!" Ha so I am going to miss her! I am going to miss O'Brian and his family a lot too. They were a little crazy at times but they are amazing! I am going to miss them. I am going to miss so many people it is going to be tough. St. Lucia has really changed my life.
I was also asked to talk on sunday since I was leaving. I decided to just tell about my journey to St. Lucia and how I got there. I almost teared up so many times because I was there because Heavenly Father put me there. All of the things that happened were not just coincidences! I know that this is where I was supposed to be and that I am supposed to be in Barbados for some reason! I know that we are put in places for a reason and that people are put in our life for a reason! I know it! I have seen that so much in my life. It has been a real blessing. I also know that Heavenly Father loves and is always mindful of us! I have loved seeing that in St. Lucia! I am going to miss St. Lucia but Barbados is going to be great. I love you all! Keep smilin'!
Love,
Elder Smith

“Nothing is going to startle us more when we pass through the veil to the other side than to realize how well we know our Father [in Heaven] and how familiar his face is to us.”
Ezra Taft Benson

No comments:

Post a Comment