Monday, July 6, 2015

Don't blow it!

This week was an amazing week and i have a lot to talk about but also not a lot of time to talk about it! So bear with me!
Odellia is killing it! Hands down the most prepared person I have ever taught! She is solid! She fasted this week as well! Ha who does that?!? Anyway, we also were able to give her a blessing to help her through a hard time and she was able to feel the spirit through that! It was pretty cool because Brittany actually suggested it! They are quite the team! 
Next is Janais is getting baptized this week and is really excited! You can just see how the spirit is helping her learn and it is really cool! IT makes me really happy to see! She is sweet!
We also had the opportunity to go and visit a member who is married to the captain of that one ship that was in Pirates of the Caribbean! Remember those pics from last year! Anyway he was just telling us all these stories from the filming of the movie and it was sweet! He was telling us about how he got to know Johnny Depp pretty well and how cool it was to work with him and told us stories about some of the other cast members like Kiera Knightley and people like that! It was sweet! Ha he has some cool stories and he was in the movies! I am excited to watch those in about 4 months or so! :)
We also got to meet Pres. Herrington and he is a neat man. Different from Pres. Mehr but they are great people and it will be a great transition. We didn't get to go teaching with him do to time but I am excited to work with him!
IT was kinda funny when I met him and I told him I was from Brigham City the first thing he said was, "Oh President Packer's old stomping ground!" Ha and then I just laughed and told him about how we were related and he just looks at me and just smiled and said, "You're related to him? Hmm well don't blow it!" And then he just started laughing! Ha it was funny! But then in the interview we talked a little about the Brigham City temple dedication and visiting the Packer's house at Christmas time. It was cool! I will never forget those! It was crazy though because just later that day we get a text from the same member that is married to the Captain saying, "My deepest sympathies on the passing of President Packer." I was in shock! I mean I knew it was coming at some point but I was still caught off guard. I love Uncle Boyd. Great man! 
I also read his final talk in conference and it was neat to see how much he loved his family and Aunt Donna. He always fought to protect the family. That is how I will remember him. And I am so grateful that I got to feel the spirit there in his home. I know that he is doing this great work on the other side now!
I love you all! Have a great week!
With Love,
Elder Smith













No comments:

Post a Comment