Monday, July 13, 2015

Janais' Baptism!

What a sweet week this was! It was so cool to see Janais prepare for her baptism! She was so excited and on saturday it was such a spiritual experience! I was able to feel the love that Heavenly Father had for her and I also was able to realize why Christ said "For of such is the Kingdom of Heaven" Janais is the perfect example of that! She is a very Christlike child!
Odellia is still just killing it! We have started sharing Mormon Messages with her and she loves them! She now watches them on her own and she puts them on facebook! Ha I have never taught someone so prepared in my life! It is incredible to see the spirit work through her! We are going to be teaching her about the temple tonight and she is excited about that! So yeah, she is doing great!
We unfortunately had to drop Sheena because she stopped progressing and that is always really sad to see but unfortunately that is just part of missionary work! 
Oh also the other day I had a really neat experience. I went to get the mail and it was a letter from Grenada! I opened it and it was two notes from my recent converts Alana and Vaniria. It was so cool to hear that they are still going strong and I teared up as I read it. Alana told me that it was just the right time in her life for her to learn about the Savior and that we were sent to her. What is so cool about that is it's absolutely true! I know that because she wanted nothing to do with us at first. But then the spirit worked through her so much and now she is a strong member of the church. They both thanked me for similar things but I think my favorite one was when they said, "Thanks for teaching me that I have a Savior that loves me and suffered and died for me." Now if that was all that I ever really got through to them then I still feel like I did my job. Because that is what they will need to rely on in every hard time they ever go through. That is the most important thing! There are other "appendages", as Joseph Smith said but the love of the Savior and His Atonement is the most important thing. So try as you go throughout your week to teach others that they have a Savior who loves them. I know that Jesus Christ is that Savior and that He really does love us. Never doubt that! I love you all! Have a great week!
With Love,
Elder Smith

"Now, to anyone within the sound of my voice who has wondered regarding our Christianity, I bear this witness. I testify that Jesus Christ is the literal, living Son of our literal, living God. This Jesus is our Savior and Redeemer who, under the guidance of the Father, was the Creator of heaven and earth and all things that in them are. I bear witness that He was born of a virgin mother, that in His lifetime He performed mighty miracles observed by legions of His disciples and by His enemies as well. I testify that He had power over death because He was divine but that He willingly subjected Himself to death for our sake because for a period of time He was also mortal. I declare that in His willing submission to death He took upon Himself the sins of the world, paying an infinite price for every sorrow and sickness, every heartache and unhappiness from Adam to the end of the world. In doing so He conquered both the grave physically and hell spiritually and set the human family free. I bear witness that He was literally resurrected from the tomb and, after ascending to His Father to complete the process of that Resurrection, He appeared, repeatedly, to hundreds of disciples in the Old World and in the New. I know He is the Holy One of Israel, the Messiah who will one day come again in final glory, to reign on earth as Lord of lords and King of kings. I know that there is no other name given under heaven whereby a man can be saved and that only by relying wholly upon His merits, mercy, and everlasting grace can we gain eternal life."
Jeffrey R Holland

 Here are some Pics from Janais baptism! It felt so good to get back in that Lucian Water!




They look a little crazy in this pic!  Too much "Dew"! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment