Monday, April 28, 2014

Jeepers Creepers

So this week was kind of a tough one. Dorothy's baptism had to get movedd because we were just over there going through the baptism interview questions with her and we got to the word of wisdom and we asked her what it was and she said she didn't know. (She suffers from memory loss) So we talked about it and she told us that she still drinks coffee and asked us why we never told her about the coffee. We told her a million times! It killed me! She was devastated! But she has now quit coffee and will be baptized this saturday! And guess who got the priesthood yesterday? O'Brian! So he is going to be able to baptize his mom! I am so excited for that! He also gave a talk in sacrament meeting yesterday. It was about a minute and a half but it was so powerful! I am so proud of that guy and the faith that he has! It is so incredible to see his faith work miracles! I decided that I came to St. Lucia so that I could have the privilege of knowing him! I look up to him so much and his faith is so inspiring! I love that guy! He also made us some octopus stew! Ha he is a spear fisherman and so he had some octopus and wanted us to try it. It tasted ok but the texture was so weird! Nothing like getting a little suction cup thing stuck in your teeth! Ha but I can add that to the list of weird things I've eaten! Oh he also gave us sting ray! That was way good!
Paul who is the one with one leg was in the hospital this week so we spent some time helping him and he is stable. He is struggling with his health too but he is remaining faithful! That makes me so happy to see! 
Granny is doing alright but her health is just scary... "Prayer from the Heart" is becoming her favorite song! Ha she has me sing it every sunday! She loves it! We had a really neat meeting with her yesterday. We talked about a lot and unfortunately it seems that she is going to be leaving us soon... That is going to kill me. We listened to the talk "Waiting Upon The Lord: Thy Will Be Done" by Robert D Hales with her and she started to cry. That hit her so hard. It is a great talk and I recommend reading it. But it talked about why trials come and how we need to handle them. He nailed it and Granny loved it! I just hope that she sticks around with us! Listening to that talk kinda set the stage for my little spiritual thought at the end though. I loved this talk by Elder Hales! I know that trials are ultimately for our benefit and that we usually can't see the Lord's hand until after we are through them. But I know that His hand is there! I testify of that! I have seen so many blessings come from recent trials and I know that they will be for our good. So whatever it is, just turn to the Lord. He is there! I love you and hope that whatever comes your way you will find strength!
Love,
Elder Smith

"I express gratitude that “in my Gethsemane” and yours, we are not alone. He that watches over us “shall neither slumber nor sleep.” His angels here and beyond the veil are “round about [us], to bear [us] up.” I bear my special witness that our Savior’s promise is true, for He says, “They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.” May we wait upon Him by pressing forward in faith, that we may say in our prayers, “Thy will be done,” and return to Him with honor."
-Robert D. Hales

No comments:

Post a Comment