Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Conference!

Man this week was so crazy! Termites are under control, we had conference with a baptism in between sessions and we also had a crazy and kinda rough week teaching! Needless to say though it was a good week! 
We had a cool lesson that we got to help Sylvia with for institute! We created our own "Tree of LIfe" vision! We had the great and spacious building and everything! It was so sweet! It was tough because we don't have very many resources at the church but we pulled it off!
We also had Valentine's Baptism.He is O'Brian's brother and is super solid! He was so excited! Plus O'Brian gave a talk at the Baptism! It was super short and basically just his testimony but I was so proud of him! He is so excited about the church! We are going to start taking both of them out teaching with us just now!
I am so grateful for conference this week! There was a lot of talks that were on the importance of commandments and I just loved it! Jeffrey R Holland nailed it in his talk! I loved it! It was such a great conference! I loved the Priesthood session! I like watching it here on my mission because I am actually on time for it! I was never on time for it when I would go back home! Ha love ya Dad! Ha but I do really miss seeing it with the fam! Those are some of my favorite memories! I missed watching it together as a family but I will be able to just now! Time is flying by!
Also this morning for a P-day activity we went to the ship that was in Pirates of the Carribean! It was sweet! I will post some pics of it!
So this week we taught a girl named Malana. She is about 18 years old and she was dropped by missionaries because she wasn't really progressing. But me and Elder Day decided to try and teach her. It was a sad lesson to say the least.. She told me that she knew one day she needed to be baptized but she wants to live life first. That was hard to hear. I asked her what she meant and she said, "I want to do some worldly things first." She knew that wasn't necessarily right but she thought it would be hard... Well of course it is! I really get fired up about things like that but I thought of what Christ said to Pilate, "My kingdom is not of this world." And it isn't! We must understand that and do all we can to Stand in holy places! It is hard but it is always worth it! I testify of that! I love you and I hope you have a great week!
Love,
Elder Smith

Pirates of the Carribean ship

No comments:

Post a Comment