Monday, March 31, 2014

Termites!

So this week was extremely eventful yet not eventful at all at the same time! Ha it was kinda sad! We had termites in our apartment way bad so they came and tore our apartment out and sprayed and basically remodeled our apartment! Ha it was nuts! To make it worse this all happened on our transfer day. So me and Elder Glade were together and we just had to sit in the Church while they took care of them! Ha It was terrible! But then Elder Day flew in at about four and we got to sit there until they were done working and so that was just a lot of fun... Ha I was so sick of just sitting there! 
We also had zone conference this week! And Mom guess what happened! So we were sitting there in the church on Friday night while we were waiting to meet the missionaries from St Vincent and the AP's walked in. They said "President Mehr wants a musical number." So immediately Elder Glade is like, "Elder Smith can sing real well!" So then one thing led to another and I sang a solo at zone conference. Jeepers Creepers I was so nervous! And I don't get nervous! But I sang the Michael McClean song, "It's Real". It went well and I feel like it brought the spirit. 
I loved zone conference though! It was so great! I also got to see Elder Hatch! That was so great to see him! President Mehr's main message was on Justice and Mercy! It was so powerful! He was really bold but really got the message across well! I love President and Sister Mehr! They are some of my favorite people ever!
So I have been thinking lately about one of the most disappointing things in missionary work. That is when people don't want to repent and truly change! It's so hard because we obviously can't do it for them! It honestly breaks my heart because Prince's mom, Desire just is not progressing. It is killing me! It's almost like she looks at repentance as a punishment. It's kinda tough because she was doing so well and now we might have to drop her. I just wish she would see the blessings that come from repentance and the love that her Heavenly Father has for her. I know how much He loves us and wants us to return to live with Him! He wants us to get on the road of exaltation and stay on it! I can also testify that if you have strayed that there is a way back! It may not be easy but it is possible! So if you're on that road, great job! Stay on it! But if you have strayed, I testify that there is a way back! Here the Savior's call and turn to Him! As you take the necessary steps, I can promise that He will welcome you with open arms! You will feel His love strongly and will find so much peace and happiness! I know that! I love you all! 
Love,
Elder Smith

"Through the Atonement of Jesus Christ, each of us can become clean and the burden of our rebellion will be lifted. Remember, repentance is not punishment. It is the hope-filled path to a more glorious future."
-Richard G Scott



No comments:

Post a Comment