Wednesday, March 5, 2014

1 Month


Jeepers Creepers it is just crazy to think that I left a month ago! It is unbelievable! This week was full of miracles and many blessings! I just hope that I can fit them all into one email! So I guess first off remember how I talked about Granny last week? The crazy bedridden lady? Ha well we go by her every wednesday and sunday and on wednesday I told her that I would sing her a special song on sunday. So yesterday was the day! I decided to break out Dallyn Vail Bayles version of "Savior, Redeemer of My Soul" but I had to do it acapella! So I was obviously very nervous because I had never really sang it before and I was having to do it acapella! But I did it! And when I finished it I looked up and Granny was crying! I have never seen her cry before but she just had tears running down her cheeks! It really showed the power of music! I now have to sing for her everytime so I am taking recommendations! Ha but it was just so neat!
Also yesterday we fasted to meet more prepared people! We were just struggling because we had met a lot of people but no one was really acting on our message. But we broke our fast and went out yesterday and then we met some amazing people! We met a family who like offered to cook for us whenever and was super receptive! I am not sure which one I liked better! Ha but then we also met a lady who had been meeting with missionaries several times a week and coming to church but then got a job that caused her to work on sundays so she stopped coming and was eventually dropped... But she has a different job now and wants to start coming again! Can you say prepared?!? She will be baptized just now! Ha then we have been teaching a family who had been meeting with missionaries for like 4 and a half months but had only come to church once! Why haven't they been dropped? I do not know! But we decided we needed to drop them so we go in and talk for a while and then I start on the whole "When people don't keep commitments we can't help them thing" and they just start organizing plans to come to church! I couldn't even finish dropping them! Ha and they were all there on sunday and loved it! So they should be baptized just now too! IT is a great time to be a Castries missionary!
The thing I have been thinking a lot about is how the Lord always knows what we need! Last week I was kinda homesick and it was tough! But then on tuesday I got to go on a tradeoff with Elder Fiame! I love Elder Fiame! We just talked about everything! Things like family, friends, high school, life after the mission, you name it! We talked about it! It helped me so much to just tell him about things and have him boost my confidence! One thing he said was, "You could never get these experiences anywhere else!" That is so true! I have been so blessed to be able to come back out! I know that people are placed in our lives for a reason! It isn't an accident! I am so grateful for all of you that I have in my life and I wouldn't replace any of you! I love you!
-Elder Smith

    No comments:

    Post a Comment