Monday, March 24, 2014

End of Transfer

So we got our transfer calls on saturday after the baptism and i found out that I am going to be leading the area because Elder Pierson is going to St. Vincent. I will be getting a new companion on wednesday named Elder Day. (I'm kinda curious if there is any relation to Mama Day) Ha but I actually came out with him originally and he is pretty cool! I am going to miss Elder Pierson but the Lord knows what is best!
So the biggest news from this week is obviously the Baptisms of O'Brian and Paul! It was so great! They were both just so excited! O'Brian and his fam have just come so far! They were all there on Saturday and it was so cool! Our family night with them last week was awesome! We had them act out when Nephi goes to get the plates and they all got super into it! Ha it was great!
The biggest downfall from this week was probably the fact that a lady we were teaching who was really progressing basically refuses to meet with us ever since we went over the Word of Wisdom with her. She is in like her 40's but just doesn't want to grow up I guess... It makes me sad to see things like that because she has three kids who could really use the gospel and the hope that it brings. So hopefully Desire will come around! Last night we had a really tender moment with her son, Prince. He is a nine year old kid who is awesome! He has a ton of energy and I really like him! But anyway we went by to try and see Desire and Prince comes out to tell us that she's not home. But then says, "But i'll meet with you guys!" Ha so we got to teach Prince about Baptism and his Heavenly Father. It was great! Towards the end he said, "Their is something that really hurts me, should I tell you guys about it or not?" We were just like"Umm if you want..." then he just said, "Well my dad.... he's in Jail. That really hurts me and sometimes I just cry." That just ripped at my heart. I almost started crying! I asked him if he prays and just talks to Heavenly Father. He then closed his eyes, and just sat there. So i wasn't sure what was going on so I asked him, "Do you Prince?" and he just is like, "Shhh! I'm talking to him!" Now I teared up then! I know that he answered that prayer! I testify that our Heavenly Father is constantly aware of us! He knows what we need and answers our prayers! He does that because He loves us! We are His children! I know that! As we draw closer to him we will be supported through whatever comes our way! I know that! I love you and I hope you have a great week!
Love,
Elder Smith

May we ever strive to be close to our Heavenly Father. To do so, we must pray to Him and listen to Him every day. We truly need Him every hour, whether they be hours of sunshine or of rain. May His promise ever be our watchword: “I will not fail thee, nor forsake thee.”



1. Walking out with O'Brian
2. Me and O'Brian
3. Me and Elder Fiame

No comments:

Post a Comment