Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Rain, Rain, Go Away!

So this week was amazing but super disappointing at the same time! So In St lucia the way that people work is if it rains, they don't go anywhere! So when it rains on sunday morning it really messes with our sacrament meeting numbers... Jeepers creepers I was so disappointed when I saw it was raining yesterday morning! But anyway we were supposed to have 2 baptisms this saturday but since they didn't come to church we have to move it back. One of them is named Paul. Now Paul actually got sick on saturday so that's why he didn't come, but let me tell you about Paul. He is a Boss! He only has one leg becuase it ended up getting amputated about 2 months ago. He loves the Lord though! He is super excited to become a member of the church! It is so amazing! I love his faith because he doesn't go out unless it's for church. Because like he said, "It's for God so it's what's important!" The next is O'Brian. He is the one that we started to drop last weekend and then started to make arrangements for church. He is so excited for Baptism! It really has been super inspiring! There is a light in there home that just was not there before! We found out on wednesday that he has a slight smoking problem and so we invited him to quit. So he did! We went by on friday and he was so excited to tell us that he hasn't even thought about smoking! It is so great to see these people progress! I love it! 
So the word has been spreading that I sing, so i now sing ALL the time! Ha it is crazy! Granny doesn't let Elder Pierson sing for her anymore! Ha she says that he ruins it! Ha but she makes me sing her like 3 songs before I can leave! Ha I love granny! She is super funny! I also told her about Kaitlyn and showed her a picture of us and she told me, "Tell Kaitlyn that I love her!" Ha oh granny....I like her!
The work is really progressing so that is neat! I am also picking up some great slang that I can use when I get home! Like Iry, pronounce eye-ree! Ha that means alright! And then we are teahing a super cool guy who always says, "Which is right" Ha so we'll just be like, "I know that if you read this book you will get closer to Heavenly Father" and then he'll just be like "Which is right, which is right!" Ha I love it! I am totally using that when I get back! 
This week was a good week though! We worked super hard and have seen a lot of progress. I know that our Heavenly Father blesses us according to our faith! Something we learn in Moroni 7:33 is if we have faith in Christ we will have the power to do whatsoever thing is expedient in him. I know that is true! I have seen that so much this week! He loves us! Have faith, and act on it! That's the thing! Also like President Uchtdorf said, "Doubt your doubt, before you doubt your faith!" So keep the faith! This church is true! I know it! Love you! 

-Elder Smith
These are Pics of the Pitons!
1. With Elder Bechan
2. With Elder Glade`
3. With Elder Pierson


No comments:

Post a Comment