Wednesday, March 5, 2014

You Are Good Enough



So this week has been a good one! It has been really hard as home sickness sets in again and things are just hard at times but all in all it's been good! This week me and Elder Pierson's teaching just improved a ton! It has been getting really fun to teach again! As we have worked at teaching together we have just seen so many blessings! We went from 3 progressing investigators to 9! It was so cool! We are really hoping to have a huge baptism day on the 29th of March! We have several people praying about that day and I think it will be good! 
We also have a recent convert named Sylvia and she is doing super well! She is our favorite! She got baptized about a month ago and now she is teaching the institute class here! She is super smart! Another awesome person is a lady named Sister Marius, or Granny. She tells us that she is all of the Elder's Granny. Ha she is old and bed-ridden so we go see her every week to take her the sacrament! She is kinda crazy but she is also pretty great! But yeah in our area we have three solid members. Sylvia, Granny and Brother Anthony! So we have a recent convert, a bed-ridden lady and a crazy old man! Ha so member lessons are kind of hard to come by. Ha but we sure try! 
As a missionary the hardest thing is discouragement. Many times you feel discouraged for different reasons. But probably the best advice I received came at the perfect time in a letter. It said, "Always remember that you're Heavenly Father loves you! Never forget that! Now go and teach other people about how much he loves them!" That helped so much! It is important that we always remember that we are Children of God! HE loves us! That truth and that advice has brought me so much peace when at times I haven't felt like I was good enough. But we are good enough! We all are! Like Hank Smith said, '"You are good enough! You were good enough when He walked into the Garden of Gethsemane!" I like that! Never lose hope! Never give up! He is always with you! I know that!
I love and miss you all so much but I am grateful that I get to be serving here in St. LUcia!
-Elder Smith


*I worried a lot about him being homesick again and going through this again, I know it will get better though.  Let's keep him in our prayers!--Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment