Monday, March 17, 2014

Baptisms! Well...soon!!

This week was a great week that just flew by! We met with some people that made us really excited but also ones that really disappointed us...The lady that I talked about that had attended church a long time ago that I thought was really prepared is kinda struggling... We went over and taught her the restoration and at the end she is just like "I know what you're sharing is true and I know that this book (The Book of Mormon) is true but your church asks a lot and I don't know if I'm ready for that.) So I was just like Jeepers Creepers lady! I was so upset! She basically described the curse of the world we live in! "I know I should do this, but it is hard..." Well flip! Of course it is! This life is a test! And if you don't change you will fail! My goodness! I was so upset! We are going to see her tonight and I think I will break out Hank's "Armour of God". Because our standards aren't convenient or comfortable! That's the way it is! They're not there to make us comfy! They're there to protect us! And the sooner we realize that the better offf we will be! Anyway on a more positive note! Paul, our one-legged man is getting baptized on Saturday! I am so excited for him! He is so solid and is just doing so well! Also O'Brian, the one who we almost dropped, is getting baptized! He is a crazy and odd man but I love him! He is so excited for his baptism and in his own words, "to give my life to da fada!" Ha that's how he says it! He also has a brother who is getting baptized on early april! So we are going over to do a family night with them and their mom and their kids! They have come so far! Their Mom's name is Dorothy and she is old and kinda losing it and she has a smoking problem. So we invite her to quit and she says "Yeah I'll do it!" but then she forgets that she was going to try and quit! Ha so I'm not exactly sure how to handle that situation... Ha so we'll see! Also Granny still makes me sing but I love it! I have Savior, Redeemer of My Soul memorized now! Ha so I sing that a lot!
One of my favorite things that happened this week is we went to a new area called "Entrepot". We had never been there so we just started going house to house and calling in! We met some super cool people and taught like 7 lessons in like 2 and a half hours! It was great! I can't wait to go back! But probably one of my favorite lessons was with a slighltly mentally handicapped middle aged lady. We started talking with her and she told us that her mom just died. And you could just see the hurt that she had. Now she wasn't all there so I kinda taught a simplified a Plan of Salvation lesson real quick but my favorite part was the end! I got to promise her that she would see her Mom again! I told her about how Grandpa died and how I really miss him but I know I will see him again! And that I know that she will be able to see her Mom again! I asked her how that would make her feel and she just smiled and said really softly, "Happy". That lesson has changed my life! I testify that we will see our loved ones again! I know that families can be together forever! I find a lot of peace from that! I am so grateful that my family now will be a forever family as well as my future family! It just has to be! Because it wouldn't be heaven without them! I am so grateful for that! I love you all and I am so grateful for each of you! Continue to find peace from the restored gospel of Jesus Christ! You won't find it anywhere else! I know that!
-Elder Smith

" I testify of the holy Resurrection, that unspeakable cornerstone gift in the Atonement of the Lord Jesus Christ! With the Apostle Paul, I testify that that which was sown in corruption will one day be raised in incorruption and that which was sown in weakness will ultimately be raised in power. 11 I bear witness of that day when loved ones whom we knew to have disabilities in mortality will stand before us glorified and grand, breathtakingly perfect in body and mind. What a thrilling moment that will be! I do not know whether we will be happier for ourselves that we have witnessed such a miracle or happier for them that they are fully perfect and finally “free at last.” 
Elder Jeffrey R. Holland
This is Granny who Elder Smith sings for all of the time!


No comments:

Post a Comment