Monday, April 14, 2014

The Hospital

So I know you freaked out as you read the subject for this email so please hold the tears and just let me explain! So this week was super crazy because Granny had to go to the hospital! We were in Bisee (where Sylvia lives and about a 20 minute walk from Granny) and Granny just calls me in tears! She tells me that she is going to the hospital and that she doesn't want to go to the hospital! I was on a trade off with Elder Juchau (Zone leader) and I asked her "Would you like me and Elder Juchau to come and give you a blessing?" She then said "Yes! Yes my Grandson! But hurry because the Ambulance is coming!" So we hauled to get there and made it in about 10 minutes! We were really moving! We got there and gave her a blessing. It was such a hard blessing to give because I wanted to say she would be healed but the spirit just didn't prompt it... But we finished the blessing and then helped carry her out to the ambulance. Jeepers that was tough... Granny was released the next day though and is doing really well. I still sing for her every time and she has me sing "The one your Mom likes" also known as "A Prayer from the Heart" Every time! Ha she loves that song! Ha so I am learning that really well!
Also speaking of singing I got volunteered by Sister Gubler to sing in sacrament meeting this week! So I will be singing "Savior, Redeemer of My Soul" with Sister Gubler on the piano! I am so excited yet nervous at the same time! It is a beastly song! So hopefully it goes well!
So probably the highlight of this week was with O'Brian and Valentine's mother, Dorothy! We invited her to pick a day to quit smoking and a day to get baptized! She chose the 10th to quit smoking and the 26th for baptism! She hasn't smoked yet and is just doing really well! Her family is also really excited about her progress! They are so great! I love them so much! I am excited to keep working with her! She has seen the hope of God's light come into her life and I love seeing the changes in her and her family. I testify that God's light is real! No matter what we are going through he is constantly there! I love seeing that in everyone's life and also in my own! I am so grateful for the trials that I have been through and for the opportunity that I have had to see the Lord's hand in my life. Even though at times I will admit, I felt a little lost. But looking back He was there every step of the way! I know He never leaves us! I love you all! Make yourself a great week!
Love,
Elder Smith

"As we seek to increase our love for God and strive to love our neighbor, the light of the gospel will surround and uplift us. The darkness will surely fade, because it cannot exist in the presence of light. As we draw near to God, He will draw near to us.6 And day by day, the hope of God’s light will grow within us, “brighter and brighter until the perfect day.”7

To all who feel they walk in darkness, I invite you to rely on this certain promise spoken by the Savior of mankind: “I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.”


Dieter F. Uchtdorf

No comments:

Post a Comment