Monday, July 14, 2014

WOW

Holy smokes this place is so great! I love it! This transfer has gone by so fast! It is crazy! I only have two weeks left! Then Elder Bechan is back to Holland and I'll have a next comp! It is crazy! But anyway we have had an amazing week this week! It has been so good! One thing I have really learned with Elder Bechan is to just keep going and never stop! We have seen so many blessings from that! 
So we have been meeting with a kid named K'lil. (I actually think it is spelled Khalil but I just like spelling it with the comma to the top!) But yeah he is a 13 year old who is a friend of one of our strongest member families, the Yearwoods. And they have a grandson who they bring to church who is about K'lil's age and so he invited K'lil to seminary and so K'lil went to an entire year of seminary. The missionaries I guess weren't able to teach him or something but we have started teaching him and he is getting baptized on the 27th. I am so excited for that! We got a super prepared all because members invited him to Church functions. You're probably thinking, "It can't be that easy!" But look it is! This has been member missionary work at it's finest!
Also Anil is doing well. He has great desires but he wants it to be a family thing so we are going to see what we can do to help that! He is a super cool guy! I love going over to the Phagu's and visiting with them! They are so funny and our becoming my family in Barbados!
So this week something that I thought a lot about is how the atonement blesses our lives in so many ways! Something that I thought about is how it makes it so we always have someone that we can turn to and how because of it we are able to become like him. In zone conference Pres. Mehr said something along the line of "He is going to continue to refine you because He loves you. And He want's you to become like Him." That's why trials come. He loves us and knows that is the only way we can become like Him. So with whatever it may be right now, make sure that you are doing the right things and you're not just putting yourself through this trial. And for the most common type of trial or things just happening because we're being refined, turn to him and know that He is there. He has been there before! I know that! I love you all!
Love,
Elder Smith

Wherever we find ourselves on the path of discipleship, whatever our worries and challenges may be, we are not alone. You are not forgotten. We can choose to reach for God’s hand in our need. We can face our challenges with prayer and trust in the Lord. And in the process we become more like Him.
-Jean A Stevens

No comments:

Post a Comment