Monday, October 20, 2014

It's Been Real

Wow so this week we got our transfer calls and I found out that I am
going to be heading to Grenada to be a Zone Leader with Elder Leaney!
I am really excited yet really sad as well. I am going to miss
Barbados a lot and I have just really grown to love the people. They
are so great! I am going to miss them dearly. I have just been saying
goodbye to people and stuff and that's what my next couple of days is
going to be filled with before I fly out on wednesday morning.
So Everet did get baptized and it went so well! I am so proud of that
guy and how far he's come. He was so prepared and ready and I am just
glad that we were able to find him! We met Everet when we were walking
home one night to our old apartment, we saw Everet and Elder Barlow
just started talking to him. We found out that he lived next to a
member and he had a copy of the Book of Mormon. We set up a time to
meet with him and when we went over we found that the Book of Mormon
had been really used and studied and that he had a pretty good
understanding of it. We talked to him about baptism and church and
after some persuasion he agreed to set a date for the 19th of October.
He told us he couldn't come to church the first sunday after meeting
with him but that he would come to conference. We kept teaching him
and answering questions and then when conference came about 20 minutes
into it Everet comes walking in. I'm not going to lie, I was kinda
shocked! He ended up staying for both Sunday sessions and loved it!
Elder Bednar's talk answered a lot of questions he had as well. After
that everything just fell into place. Probably my favorite thing he
told us though is that "I've met with other missionaries and I
wouldn't commit to do anything. But there is something about you guys,
you are my earth Angels." It was really cool to see how his testimony
grew and how that all came because we just opened our mouths.
Well that's about it for this week! I love you all and continue to
share the gospel!
With Love,
Elder Smith

 Everette's Baptism

 Sister Lovell
 Brother Mayers
 Sister Cadet
 Crazy Elders
 I love this picture!


No comments:

Post a Comment