Monday, October 27, 2014

Grenada

New address:
Elder Randon Smith
Po box 3804 Lagoon Road
St. Georges
Grenada
West Indies

Wow this place is great! So I must say that I love it here! I miss the bados an awful lot and it was certainly hard leaving but I am really enjoying it here! I love serving with Elder Leany and I am learning a lot from him. He only has 3 months left so I am probably going to be with him until he finishes. He's what they call a straight-shooter and he teaches the gospel well. It has been kind of hard picking up where the other missionaries left off but we are getting it down. I must say though, the field here is real white! It is amazing! I am just loving the branch and the members here. It is nice to have so many recent converts that are still just pumped about the gospel! It is a huge blessing. There is one whose name is Ricky and yesterday he asked one of our investigators at church, "So when are you getting baptized?" Then bore his testimony to her about how making that step has blessed his life. It was wonderful!
I don't have much to say this week seeing that we are just kinda trying to figure out the area but something I've been thinking about a lot is the love that the Lord has for us and His tender mercies. I got thinking about this because it was about a year ago that I had to go home. I was just thinking about how the Lord was always there through all of that. I'll be honest, there were times where I struggled and where I wondered why these things were happening and what I did to deserve this. I sometimes even wondered if He was still there. But I know that He was. I saw so many tender mercies and through those it was like He was telling me, "Hey, I'm still here." I just want you all to know that whatever it may be that we are going through, the Lord is always there. He loves you! Put your trust in Him and I know that He will always lead you to where you need to be! I love you all! Make yourselves a great week!
Love,
Elder Smith

"If we have faith in Jesus Christ, the hardest as well as the easiest times in life can be a blessing. In all conditions, we can choose the right with the guidance of the Spirit. We have the gospel of Jesus Christ to shape and guide our lives if we choose it. And with prophets revealing to us our place in the plan of salvation, we can live with perfect hope and a feeling of peace. We never need to feel that we are alone or unloved in the Lord’s service because we never are. We can feel the love of God. The Savior has promised angels on our left and our right to bear us up. And He always keeps His word."
Henry B Eyring

No comments:

Post a Comment