Monday, November 3, 2014

Year-mark? Yesi!‏

This week was a really good one! Elder Leany and I have just really been focusing on teaching baptism and helping people recognize the blessings that come from it. We saw an awful lot of miracles come from it and I am really excited for this transfer!
One girl that we are teaching is named Lindy. She is super prepared and knows that everything we share is true. She is currently trying to overcome a trial but she is going to be baptized on the 22nd of November. So we are really pumped about that! 
Another one is a twin sister of a member. Her name is Linkcy! She is the investigator and Linkcia is the name of her sister. Ha I love West Indian names! They're great! But she also should be getting baptized on the 22nd. She knows everything is true but she is just worried about leaving her other church that she has been going to for about two years. She knows what she needs to do. Now we are just trying to help her do it! Linkcia has been a great help though! Her testimony is powerful and she has seen a lot of great blessings come from it.
So it is crazy that I am hitting a year now. It's nuts! Time is going by so fast that it is scary! I love my mission and it has been such a blessing in my life and has helped me come closer to my Father in Heaven! I have grown to love the scriptures so much. Especially the Book of Mormon! It just brings peace! In all honesty I don't know how else to describe what it does for me! It is a powerful book that really strengthens the testimony that I have of my Savior. Are we reading it as often as we should? Are we using this wonderful tool to help us know our Savior? If not I would invite you to start using it! I know that it is true and that it can bless our lives! We just need to use it! I love you all!
Love,
Elder Smith

Oh also I am going to Trinidad next week for Mission Leadership Conference with all of the Zone Leaders! I am really excited for that! I can't wait to eat some doubles and who knows, I may get to see the Montoutes! That would be so great! I love that family! They changed my life and it will forever be blessed because they were in it! Love ya!

"I testify that one cannot come to full faith in this latter-day work—and thereby find the fullest measure of peace and comfort in these, our times—until he or she embraces the divinity of the Book of Mormon and the Lord Jesus Christ, of whom it testifies... I ask that my testimony of the Book of Mormon and all that it implies, given today under my own oath and office, be recorded by men on earth and angels in heaven. I hope I have a few years left in my “last days,” but whether I do or do not, I want it absolutely clear when I stand before the judgment bar of God that I declared to the world, in the most straightforward language I could summon, that the Book of Mormon is true, that it came forth the way Joseph said it came forth and was given to bring happiness and hope to the faithful in the travail of the latter days."
Jeffrey R Holland

No comments:

Post a Comment