Monday, November 10, 2014

The Chicken Get-Together

The sickness Elder Smith had this past week is actually called Chikungunya, it is transmitted through their mosquitos.  Chikungunya disease is often mistaken for influenza or Dengue fever because of the flu-like symptoms—including headache, fever, swollen glands, fatigue, nausea, vomiting, and neck stiffness. Most patients improve within 10 days of infection, although joint pain can linger for weeks or even months.  Sounds fun huh?  Read all about it below!


So this week was quite the week! We were battling sickness all week and then to finish it off, I got chicken gunya... (not sure how that's spelled...) But yeah I am doing better now and I am just dealing with the after effects of it now. So I'm really sore and I have a big rash but my fever is gone and so i'm doing better. Yesterday was really rough though... I actually ended up passing out before church! Ha I was just sitting on a wall outside the church and then people started telling me I didn't look so good and then I said I was alright and then things just started spinning and the next thing I knew I was on the ground surrounded by people. Luckily some of the medical students were there to take care of me! Ha but yeah I was crazy sick yesterday and slept like all through church! But I am doing much better now! So mom don't worry!
This week was good though besides that! We met some really cool people! We met this lady and she was wearing a Sacramento Kings shirt and she turned around and it said "Jimmer" She had a Jimmer Fredette Jersey! I was freaking out! We taught her the restoration and it really clicked with her! I am really excited to continue working with her! 
Another person we are working with is named Ben and he is just really humble and just wants to be baptized! We haven't been able to teach him much but he knows that he wants to be baptized! Ha he is sweet though! Our issue is that we don't know if we'll be able to teach him everything in time for his date on the 22nd. But we'll do our best!
I head to Trinidad tomorrow for the Mission Leadership Conference tomorrow and I am so excited! It is going to be great! I am just excited to go and learn from President and Sister Mehr for a couple days!
Well since I was sick most this week that's about all I have. Things are going great though! I love it here in Grenada! The field is white! Something that President Mehr said really hit me. He said, "The Lord is Hastening His work and we have to keep up with Him." So make sure that you're doing everything you can so that the Lord doesn't have to drag you along! Read your scriptures and do all the little things! 
Love,
Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment