Monday, April 13, 2015

Keep Smilin'!

I loved this week! We got to have the Mehrs and the assistants in and we got to lime with them a little bit and it was just beautiful! I got to decorate Sister Mehr's cake! (The writing was done by yours truly!) And it was a lot of fun! I love meeting with the Mehrs and I just feel like I grow so much every single time! I loved it!
We had a wonderful week that was hard and great at the same time! One of the hardest part was that it was transfer time and so that means saying goodbyes... We had to say goodbye to Elder Naylor on Friday and that was just sad! He has become one of my best friends over the last six months of serving around him! He is a great missionary and somebody that I look up to! I can't wait to hang with him post-mission!
We are really excited though because Kelly Ann is getting baptized! It is super cool because she is 18 years old, about 4 feet tall (slight exaggeration) and good friends with the Smiths in the branch! And so the way that we met her for the first time is through them! One Sunday they just brought her with them to church! How about that! It's like a new missionary idea! ;) But she came and we started meeting with her and she is super smart and super excited! It has been really cool to see her progress and also to see the Smiths get excited! Brother Smith is going to be taking us to his daughter because he wants us to "baptize her!" (His words exactly!) Ha I love the members here!
Lee got an interview for the Aaronic Priesthood and it went well but he said he wanted to wait a couple of weeks because he HATES being in front of people! But he is coming along really well! He is about through 2 Nephi again and is doing great! He loves the Book of Mormon!
I have loved to see people throughout my mission just keep working at things until they finally overcome them because of the enabling power of the atonement! It is incredible to see the Lord make saints of sinners and to truly change lives around! I know that He can! To be honest that is the only way! I imagine most people that have overcome addictions permanently at some point had an acquaintance with the Savior. He heals. That's what He does. I know that we can help others to access this healing power and to keep trying! Lift people up! Be their Angel on this side of the veil! I love you guys! Have a great week!
With Love,
Elder Smith

"God cares a lot more about who we are and who we are becoming than about who we once were. He cares that we keep on trying... My invitation to all of us is to evaluate our lives, repent, and keep on trying. If we don’t try, we’re just latter-day sinners; if we don’t persevere, we’re latter-day quitters; and if we don’t allow others to try, we’re latter-day hypocrites. As we try, persevere, and help others do the same, we are true Latter-day Saints."
Dale G. Renlund
 These are pics from hog island and Conference Weekend and Elder Naylor leaving and a couple with the Ap's from this weekend! :)  The first pic is of a family that Elder Naylor and I contacted and the sisters baptized the wife and are still working with the husband!


















No comments:

Post a Comment