Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Living To See Another Day

Well this is it! We got transfer calls and I am staying for another one here in Grenada! Ha I am so thrown off because I don't stay in areas for this long! This transfer will be my 5th and the longest that I have stayed in an area has been 3 transfers. Ha so this is really crazy! But I am stoked because we have some sweet things going on!
We are really thrilled with the member work that we have been able to get done the last little bit! The Lord has blessed us tremendously with great members! We are basically teaching straight Member Referrals right now and I love it! Member work is the key! I can always tell the difference between a member referral and just somebody that we just find on our own. It is crazy how big of a difference it makes! So that is my call to all of you that are reading this! We need more member missionaries in this work! Something that President Mehr talks about is how the Lord is Hastening His Work! And how He may just be out in front of us! We cannot hold Him back! So it's our job to hasten the work with Him so that He doesn't have to wait on us! Something that Elder Cornish also said to us is that "The Lord may just expect more from us." It's a hard truth sometimes but a truth nonetheless! He may just want us to accomplish more! So keep that in mind as you go throughout the day and are bombarded with opportunities to share the gospel! They are literally everywhere!
So now to talk about Conference! I loved it! Elder Holland's talk was wonderful! I loved how he taught about the fall and how the Atonement saves us from it and how because of that sacrifice we are not just free falling forever! But with hands like the strike of lightning the Savior grabs onto us and saves us! I loved that! I also really liked the whole Saturday session. I can't remember who it was that said it, it might have been Uncle Boyd but he basically said, "The point of the church is to make sure that we have happy families that are sealed together for eternity." That is so true! I loved that! I have talked about this before but it is truly all about the covenants! They are everything!
Today I want to base my little spiritual thought on the talk given by Elder Wilford W Anderson of the seventy. About the dance steps and the music! I loved that talk! I loved how he talked about how we should live the gospel joyfully and we should learn that while we're young, in our homes. I am so grateful that I have parents that helped me to "Hear the music" growing up. They may not have always realized the impact that they had because I may have gotten a little away from the dance steps at times but they always helped me to hear the music. Thank you Mom and Dad! I love this gospel so much and it is because of all that you did while I was growing up! 
Well that's it for this week! Have a great week and tell somebody that Jesus loves them and help them to "Hear the Music"! 
With Love,
Elder Smith

"We learn the dance steps with our minds, but we hear the music with our hearts. The dance steps of the gospel are the things we do; the music of the gospel is the joyful spiritual feeling that comes from the Holy Ghost. It brings a change of heart and is the source of all righteous desires. The dance steps require discipline, but the joy of the dance will only be experienced when we come to hear the music.
The challenge for all of us who seek to teach the gospel is to expand the curriculum beyond just the dance steps. Our children’s happiness depends on their ability to hear and love the beautiful music of the gospel."
Wilford W Anderson



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment