Wednesday, April 1, 2015

The Way

This week was a great one! We were able to work a lot with members and Lee is doing great! I am so proud of Him! There was one day when we took him to visit Matthew in the hospital and we get there and there was this body wrapped up in a sheet laying there on the bed! I have never seen Lee so disturbed! Ha it was way funny!
 I don't have a ton of news for this week but I just wanted to talk about the Savior a little bit! Since it's easter and all! A lot of my studies lately have been on the life of the Savior and His Atonement. I have loved it! 
Something that I have noticed is that the Savior is always inviting us to come and see, one by one. In the Book of Mormon it talks about how He asked them,to bring the sick that He could heal them. He does that one by one. He also invited the children to come so that He could bless them. Once again one by one. And these are Mormon families so that's a lot of Kids! Ha but I just thought it was so cool how concerned Christ was with the individual. He didn't just suffer for our sins as a whole! It was individual! He loved us enough to suffer for us individually! He knows exactly what we are going through! Because He has been there before! Time after time in my life I have wondered why are things so hard. Why do bad things happen when I'm trying to be good! However, I am certainly not the first person to ask this. Listen to this scripture from Matthew, "And he went a little further, and fell on his face, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me:" In a sense He is saying, "if it's possible let me do this another way. If there is any other way, another path, I would rather walk it." But then he finishes with what characterizes the Savior so well. "nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt." He submitted to the Father. He knew His will was the best. I know that He is the Savior of the World! When hard times come there is always a way to make it through them! And that way is through, "The way, the truth and the life." I love you! Have a great Easter! 
With Love,
Elder Smith

"The Savior’s atonement in the garden and on the cross is intimate as well as infinite. Infinite in that it spans the eternities. Intimate in that the Savior felt each person’s pains, sufferings, and sicknesses. Consequently, he knows how to carry our sorrows and relieve our burdens that we might be healed from within, made whole persons, and receive everlasting joy in his kingdom."
Merrill J Bateman

No comments:

Post a Comment