Monday, May 4, 2015

18 months? IF?!?!‏

I remember early on in my mission how crazy it was going to be when I hit my 18 month mark but that always seemed forever away and I didn't think I would ever hit it! Ha well sure enough, here it is! Crazy! I can't believe how fast time is going!
This week was sweet! We got to go to Trinidad this week for our Mission Leadership conference! It was sweet! I got to see a ton of really good friends and we were fed really well physically and spiritually! I was so full by the end! Ha but it was a great conference! I learned a ton! A really cool part about it was that there was a missionary that I was good friends with in High School, Matt Pulsipher but he was on the dutch side so I haven't seen him my entire mission! But he was going home while I was in Trinidad for school and so I got to hang out with him for a day and then go to drop him off at the airport the next morning! It was so good to see him! He is still the crazy, ridiculous guy that I remember but just more mature! Ha I love that guy though! He is a funny man! Ha so that was great!
I also got to see Elder Beck and some former companions and it was just great! I have some great pics but the computer won't let me send them again so I guess you'll just have to wait another week!
Things here in Grenada are going really well! The branch is thriving! I am so excited about it! The branch has stepped up and all is well in St. Georges! They are wonderful here! 
A talk that stood out to me in the last general conference is "Is it still wonderful to you?" by Bishop Gérald Caussé and he talked about how the wonder of the gospel sometimes starts to wear off as we stop noticing the Lord's hand and the small little things that the gospel brings into our lives! That's when we get into danger zone! The gospel is the answer for just about every problem that we run into! It may be simple but it always works! I know that as we focus on those blessings we will never become "tired" of the gospel! Because it really is sweet! I love you guys! Have a great week!
With Love,
Elder Smith
 
"To marvel at the wonders of the gospel is a sign of faith. It is to recognize the hand of the Lord in our lives and in everything around us."
Gérald Caussé

No comments:

Post a Comment