Monday, September 9, 2013

Port of Spain Week 2

  • Port of Spain Week 2‏

Well this has been a crazy week! It has been super hot and I continue to waste away! Ha but it's been good! I actually spoke in sacrament meeting yesterday and so that was kinda good.. Ha I like speaking for people that I know a little bit better... Ha but yeah I got a call from Bro. Camejo (1st counselor in the bishopric) at 9 30 on saturday night so I had about an hour before bed to prepare my talk for the next day. I talked a little about member missionary work and how important that really is! I said "There are two things that missionaries love 1. Getting fed by the members (that is so me) 2. Referrals from the members. And if we can get both in one night? Yahtzee!" I found out later that people in trinidad aren't really familiar with Yahtzee.. One of them actually thought I said "Nazi"... So I had some clearing up to do... Ha but all in all it was good!

As far as our Baptisms go it was a tough week. None of the ones with dates came to church so now we have to move it back a week. It really boils my potatoes, However the lady with dreads, Norma, has been coming and progressing a ton! She was my first appointment here in Trinidad and she has been doing really well. She says once she comes to know it's true that she'll be baptized. So me and Elder Jamison are really praying.

Another super cool family that we're teaching is the Montoutes! They are amazing. They have a 15 year old son who was baptized the saturday before I got here and he is doing fantastic. Now we're teaching his mom (Susan) and some of his brothers. They are doing really well! Unfortunately their dad is really against it and so it might be tough for them to get baptized as of now. But the coolest experience of my week was with them. I had been praying to be able to recognize and act on spiritual promptings better. When we went to teach them that night as the lesson went on I had the strongest prompting to promise them that somehow the Lord would soften Susan's husbands heart. So I acted on it and read 1 nephi 3:7 which talks about how the Lord always provides a way. Then I said something along the lines of "Susan I promise you in the name of Jesus Christ that as long as you do your part the Lord will soften your husband's heart." I then started to leak! Out of my eyes! It was the coolest thing though because I felt the spirit so strong.

I can testify that the Lord knows exactly what we need and as long as we're willing to lean on him he can bless us! He said "Learn of me, and listen to my words, walk in the meekness of my spirit and you will have peace in me." I know that is true. Remember that in the Garden of Gethsemane he bore each of our burdens individually. So when you feel like no one knows what you are going through lean on him! Because he has been there before! I love you all and keep the faith!

-Elder Smith

ps It's confession time... I actually did Love's Labours Lost at state without my sling... I thought I would wait until I was out of the country to let you know that mom... Ha love ya!
  
Ok, he is sooooooooooooooooooooo in trouble!!! --Shanna

No comments:

Post a Comment