Monday, March 16, 2015

Baptism Week!

There really isn't anything greater than going into a week looking toward a baptism at the end of it! And that is what this week is like! Lee who is our Englishman who basically got stuck here in Grenada is getting baptized! He is so excited and has basically read the whole Book of Mormon. He has come so far and has really experienced some spiritual healing. It's been amazing to see! We are really excited for him! We are also looking forward to our baptism burger that is going to follow! I think that Lee might be most excited for that! Ha I have really grown to love that man! 
Whenever I think about him and most of these people here I think about Grandpa Smith's story that he told us about how the one family told him as he was leaving New Zealand, "I'll see you in the Celestial Kingdom, Elder Smith!" That's how I feel a lot of the time because I don't know how much I am going to be able to see these people after my mission. And that's if I get to see them at all. It's a hard thought! To be honest it kinda kills me sometimes. But that's part of the work i guess. And that's why Grandpa's story means a lot to me. Because I was able to be blessed enough to bring these people the gospel we will have a joyous reunion in the Celestial Kingdom.
Lately I have also been thinking a lot about my other Grandpa. I love that man a lot as well. Grandpa Hilton was one of the most quietly influential people in my life. For those who knew him they know that Grandpa wasn't much of a talker. What was his saying, "Why use 8 words to get a message across when you can do it in 7." I think that's it! But anyway that sums up Grandpa perfectly. I truly did learn the power of hard work from Grandpa though. I think of him a lot when it's hot outside and I'm just tired. I know that he is not only their in my thoughts but is there with me. That's what D&C talks about when it says, "Angels round about you to bear you up." I know that he is their. They are organized under the Priesthood in familial order is what Ezra Taft Benson teaches. I know that I will see him again. It will all be alright in the end!
I love you all! The church is true! And as Grandpa would say, "You're good kids, we'll see ya later!"
With Love, 
Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment