Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Well, dip me in salt and call me Porky!

I am sure that you are a little bit confused by the subject line today so let me explain! This week was transfers and we had 2 brand new missionaries come in. They are wonderful! Very excited and will do great! But anyway, Elder Bingham and I had to pick them up late thursday night so we decided that we were going to play a little joke. We switched our name tags so I was Elder Bingham for the night. So I was cracking Elder Bingham jokes and he was breaking out Elder Smith jokes but anyway, Elder Bingham is from La Verkin, Utah (Small town next to hurricane, utah) And so I always say that he is from this hick town because you know, I am from the Northern Utah Metropolis of Brigham City. So the entire night I am doing my best Elder Calhoun impersonation! Ha it was great! But anyway the missionaries came out and I was like, (Elder Bingham and I planned this) " Well dip me in salt and call me Porky! My name's Elder Bingham!" But I said ham like the meat. Ha and then I went on about how we're just thrilled to have them here. I also told some stories about wrestling pigs and stuff but it was great. Then we switched back name tags and they were kinda confused but it was great! It was clean fun! Ha we have great missionaries here though! We are really excited!
We had a crazy week but we were able to work some more with Lee and he is really excited for his date! we are going to keep teaching him and he is going to be a great member!
This week was kind of uneventful but we are really excited for another transfer! It is going to be great! 
We have been blessed to get to know a lot of the members at dinner appointments and it has been great! We had Pizza at the Davies last night and it was great! I think I am going to try and set Korver up with their 5 year old daughter! Ha so that's going to be my project a couple of years down the road!
Yesterday one of the new med students who I have gotten to know really well shared a story about how he worked until the very last second on his mission so that he could know that he gave all he could. He then shared with us the scripture that motivated him to do that. It's Enos 1; 26-27 and it says:  "And I saw that I must soon go down to my grave, having been wrought upon by the power of God that I must preach and prophesy unto this people, and declare the word according to the truth which is in Christ. And I have declared it in all my days, and have rejoiced in it above that of the world.
And I soon go to the place of my rest, which is with my Redeemer; for I know that in him I shall rest. And I rejoice in the day when my mortal shall put on immortality, and shall stand before him; then shall I see his face with pleasure, and he will say unto me: Come unto me, ye blessed, there is a place prepared for you in the mansions of my Father. Amen."
I want to feel this way at the end of my mission and the end of my life. My grave is getting closer and closer as far as my mission life goes and so I am going to do all I can so that I can rejoice in the day that I account to the Lord for my mission and eventually my life. Because I have rejoiced in the gospel above that of the world.
With Love,
Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment