Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Seems Like Yesterday!

Elder Smith had zone conference on Monday, so we had to wait until today for his email!  I am so proud of this kid and love every email and every experience!

Well this week I had the opportunity to go back to Barbados and it was so good! I also got to see Elder Christensen again and that was just great! I found out that Everett hasn't missed a sunday and is just killing it! So I am way excited about that! I love the Bajan people! They will always have a very special place in my heart! 
This week was a great one though! Lee is killing it! He is doing so well! He has almost quit smoking and has quit drinking on his own basically! I have loved working with him! HE is just about finished with the Book of Mormon and read all the way through a copy of True to the Faith that a member gave him. HE has become one of my best friends! He has come so far since we met him! It seems like yesterday Elder Leany and I were introduced to that short little Englishman! Ha he is great though!
I don't have a whole lot to say this week as it was just kind of a typical missionary week. But those are always the best!
Something that I have been noticing a lot lately is the healing power of the Atonement! IT is incredible! And I have never seen it so strongly as I have with Lee. This is a man that has simply been through a lot. I am not going to go into details right now but he has been through a lot! But the amazing thing is that as he reads and learns more he is healed. It is incredible to witness! Through it all Lee has been able to continually learn and see that the Lord is always there and that He heals us! I know this is true because I have continually been healed by the Savior. I know that Jesus Christ is the Savior and Redeemer of the world and if we turn to Him and we let Him, He will never leave us alone. We can and will be healed.
With Love,
Elder Smith

"Brothers and sisters, one of the great consolations of this Easter season is that because Jesus walked such a long, lonely path utterly alone, we do not have to do so. His solitary journey brought great company for our little version of that path...Trumpeted from the summit of Calvary is the truth that we will never be left alone nor unaided, even if sometimes we may feel that we are."
Jeffrey R Holland

No comments:

Post a Comment