Tuesday, June 16, 2015

The Storm Drain

This week was just a really funny week that made me laugh! Me and Elder Beck were just dying at so many different moments this week! So I am just going to start off with one! So the title of this email came from an experience that happened as I was directing Elder Beck as he was backing our car! (Missionary rule) But anyway he was backing up and it was in a spot that I have backed him into a million and one times and so I wasn't really concerned about it that much so I just start kinda getting really into it and then all of a sudden I feel my foot just drop into this storm drain! IT was crazy! And I am like right behind the car! Luckily Elder Beck was watching me and stopped the car and just started laughing! I then got out and all was well besides some dirt and stuff. It was pretty funny! Ha so I guess that is like a gospel principle! Even when we think we're safe and all is well, when we start messing around then nothing is off limits and anything can happen! 
We had a really good week this week though! We are going to have to move Janais date back but we will work through that! Also we are meeting with a really cool girl named Sheena! She is really neat to teach because she just notices these things that she needs to change and then she does it! It's amazing to see how the spirit is working through her! I love working with her!
Something that was cool too was that I gave a talk my first sunday in St. Lucia and I was the concluding speaker and I had to fill about 30 minutes and was just rambling but it was still good! But anyway it was cool because yesterday a member gave a great talk and said that she got started thinking about this subject because of my talk the week before. So that was cool! She talked about self worth and eternal perspective. This is something that I have been thinking about a lot lately as well! I know that a lot of times we think we have everything figured out and that we know how it's all going to work. However it rarely goes that way! That requires a lot of eternal perspective to handle that! We think we know the play! But Heavenly Father reminds us that we really don't even know who the minor and major characters are. It's hard but that is just the way it is! However He knows who they are. That's something that I have noticed. He knows who He wants us to be. We just need to let Him shape us and mould us. I know that as we do that. Our play will be wonderful and our painting a masterpiece! I love you all! Have a great week!
With Love,
Elder Smith

“As the sculptor was chiseling a block of marble, a boy came every day and watched shyly. When the figure of David emerged and appeared from that stone, complete for all the world to admire, the boy asked Michelangelo, ‘How did you know he was in there?’”
The perspective with which the sculptor saw that block of marble was different than that of the boy who was watching him work. The artist’s vision of the possibilities encased in the stone allowed him to create a work of art.
The Lord knows what He wants to accomplish with each one of us. He knows the kind of reform He wants to achieve in our lives, and we do not have the right to counsel Him. His thoughts are higher than our thoughts.
Rafael E Pino

No comments:

Post a Comment