Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Yes Family!

How are tings? So this week was sweet! We had some cool experiences and have been really blessed! One of the hardest things though has been seeing some of those people we are teaching not really progress... It is so tough! 
Do you remember Shondelle? Well we have been teaching her and her niece and they both like know that it's true but they just don't want to act on it because they don't want to leave things behind! It is so hard to see that! Because they know that it's true then they have to act on it or they are in all reality just rebelling! I think we all know how our Father in Heaven feels about that! It has been so hard to see that! So as of right now it looks like we are going to have to drop both of them... We also have not been able to get in contact with Adrian and it is just killing me! He is soo prepared but we cannot contact him. I have even gone down into his little area with his abandoned house several nights in the dark. I am not going to lie, it kinda reminds me of a horror movie as we are walking around down there with our little flashlight. The best was yesterday when we had Ricardo with us and we were going down there and Ricardo was just like, "I'm just waiting for something to jump out at me! Ha so that was kinda funny! But this week was just crazy.
A great part of our week this week was when we taught K'Lil about the priesthood and we talked to him about passing the Sacrament this sunday. He was so scared to do it becuase he doesn't like to be the center of attention but he did it! I was so proud of him! He is seriously one of my favorite people here! He is like a little brother to me and has just been doing so well! We were excited for him!
Another great part of the week was last night we met with Sister Cadet and her granddaughter and then some kids of a friend of hers. So sister Cadet is just this super sweet Haitian lady and is becoming one of my favorite people. She brings her Granddauter Jenica and 2 daughters of a friend, Rianna and Rebecca (They're 8 and 9) to church with her every week. And we found out that their Grandma who basically raised them passed away and they are having a hard time. So we asked if we could come over and share a little bit and play a game. So we went over last week and talked about the Plan of Salvation and how they would see their Grandma again. It was one of the most spiritual lessons I have had my entire mission. It was just so special to see the peace it brought these kids. I also got to see why Christ loved the Children so much. It was so powerful.
I know that as we do what we are supposed to we will be with our families forever! What a blessing! I know that is the way that our Heavenly Father planned it because of the love that he has for us! So please, don't miss the boat! Hop on and I know that we will see the blessings and eventually receive exaltation! I love you all!
Love,
Elder Smith

Ps let's not be like this,
"People know they should have their primary residence in Zion, but they still hope to keep a summer cottage in Babylon."
Neal A Maxwell 


 Lesson at Jalisa's with our boy renaldo and then teaching with Jarrad!




No comments:

Post a Comment