Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Scripture Power

So this week we had a really good week! We have been working really hard and sharing the Book of Mormon with everyone! That has been President Mehr's challenge to the mission is to flood the West Indies with the Book of Mormon. We have seen a lot of success come from that! 
We had a cool experience with a guy we're teaching named Adrian! He reminds me of O'Brian a ton! It is crazy! Ha but Adrian is just a guy who had things going in life and kinda just lost it all. He is working back up but right now he lives in this abandoned house that he just fixed up and he is just so humble. He has like two pairs of clothes because it rained and the house kinda flooded and got his clothes all moldy and stuff. He has nothing but he is a boss! He has a date for the 14th of Sept. and he loves the Book of Mormon. He had us meet with his friend Peter yesterday and we talked about the Book of Mormon and he just told his friend all about why we have the Book of Mormon and how it can bless our lives! His friend now wants to be baptized on the 14th as well! We are really excited about that! 
This week we also had a grandson of one of our investigators try to bash with us. He knew a lot about the bible but I refused to bash and just kinda answered his questions. He then told us that he was just trying to get us mad and stuff and was really just a real darrell! But we weren't confouded so that was kinda cool! He is really lost though...
This week really made me thankful for the Book of Mormon! I have just really come to love that book while on my mission! It is incredible! I love how everything we teach really relies on that book! Joseph Smith, the priesthood, the church! You name it! Everything relies on that! I know that it is true and if we honestly seek we can all gain that witness! It has brought me so much peace and has helped me come closer to my Savior! I love that book! If you're not reading it then you need to start! I love you guys!
Love,
Elder Smith

"Now, I did not sail with the brother of Jared in crossing an ocean, settling in a new world. I did not hear King Benjamin speak his angelically delivered sermon. I did not proselyte with Alma and Amulek nor witness the fiery death of innocent believers. I was not among the Nephite crowd who touched the wounds of the resurrected Lord, nor did I weep with Mormon and Moroni over the destruction of an entire civilization. But my testimony of this record and the peace it brings to the human heart is as binding and unequivocal as was theirs. Like them, “[I] give [my name] unto the world, to witness unto the world that which [I] have seen.” And like them, “[I] lie not, God bearing witness of it.”
I ask that my testimony of the Book of Mormon and all that it implies, given today under my own oath and office, be recorded by men on earth and angels in heaven. I hope I have a few years left in my “last days,” but whether I do or do not, I want it absolutely clear when I stand before the judgment bar of God that I declared to the world, in the most straightforward language I could summon, that the Book of Mormon is true, that it came forth the way Joseph said it came forth and was given to bring happiness and hope to the faithful in the travail of the latter days."
-Jeffrey R Holland

No comments:

Post a Comment