Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Zone Conference

So this week was sweet! We had a good week and Adrian came to church and loved it! So he should be good to go in a couple more weeks! I am really excited tor him!
We also met a 14 year old kid named Roger who is sweet! So a little back story on Roger is he is from Guyana and has lived here for most of his life but when he was 7 he actually was going to church with a member friend for a couple years and after a while his whole family was going to church. They progressed and were about to get baptized and then they went back to guyana for a little bit and didn't get baptized. So we are going to work with his whole family and see what we can do there! I am so excited! But anyway we taught him about the Book of Mormon and the Restoration on Thursday and he just dove in and started reading it! Then we went back on Sunday and he was like, I want to tell you guys something. So he goes on to tell us that he prayed about the Book of Mormon and it was raining (Like pouring!) while he was praying so he asked Heavenly Father, "If the Book of Mormon is true make it stop raining and if it's not then let it keep raining." He told us that as soon as he said that the rain just stopped completely. So then he was like, "I know this is true!" So that was sweet and he was just a real tender mercy!
So Zone Conference was great! Me and a couple other Elders sang, "Brightly Beams our Father's Mercy" And it was really cool! Then having Elder Zivic there was great! I loved it! Something that he said that really stood out to me was, "For us to reach a new level, we must break our old mindset." I loved that! It applies in so many ways! If we want to reach a new level of joy, success, love towards one another, etc. then we have to break our old mindset! We are not going to get better by just doing the same thing! If we want more joy in life than we have to change something up so that we can be able to receive it! So that really hit me because I want to see more success here in Barbados so right now I am just focusing on what I can do better! I invite all of you to do the same! If you want something than make those changes necessary and allow the Lord to make a miracle happen in your life! I love you all! 
Love,
Elder Smith

 ME and Elder Barlow
 Saying goodbye to Viktoria
 With Elder Pierson, Bingham and Day at Zone Conference
Me and Elder Hatch



No comments:

Post a Comment