Monday, August 17, 2015

Out with the old, and in with the new!

Well Elder Beck rode off into the sunset this last week and is home and to be honest it was weird saying goodbye since I have been around him a lot of my mission! However he is very happy at home and doing well! I miss him though! 
My trainee came late wednesday night and he is a great missionary! i am loving serving with Elder Dixon! He is from Mapleton, Utah and he played football and Basketball. So we get along great! He works super hard and is kicking my butt in the morning workouts! I am still sore from my friday  ab workout! Ha and mom I went running! Like I ran! Ha I never do that but Elder Dixon is going to get me into shape! Ha training is going really well though! I am enjoying it!
Also Yuandia came to church! We have been trying to get her to church for so long! Ha so I decided to break out my art of negotiation! I told her that if she didn't come she would owe me and Elder Dixon a candy bar! (I can hear elder Beck in my head saying "NIce diet!") But anyway it worked she came! Now we owe her a candy bar but we did it! She enjoyed it and said she would come again! 
We are also going to be saying goodbye to Odellia tonight because she is going to be going to New York for a month! But guess what she is going with... A temple recommend! She is going to be going to do baptisms for the dead! She is really excited and so that is going to be really cool! She also has referred us to her neighbor named ALMA! Yeah how about that! Ha so she is doing great!
My favorite part about this week and training though has been seeing Elder Dixon come in and notice so many things that I as an old missionary, don't pick up on. He sees things that really are pretty incredible that I don't simply because I am used to them and so they aren't that wonderful to me anymore. This happens a lot in missionary work but it also happens a lot in the gospel as well. To often as seasoned members we get used to things and they don't mean as much as they once did. So my challenge to each of you is to ask yourself, is this still wonderful to me? And then pay attention to the little things and try to notice them! The gospel is always wonderful and amazing. Think about it! I know that as we remember things we will be blessed and will love the gospel even more! I know that it is true and that blessings are waiting for us! I love you all! Have a great week!
With Love,
Elder Smith

"To marvel at the wonders of the gospel is a sign of faith. It is to recognize the hand of the Lord in our lives and in everything around us. Our amazement also produces spiritual strength. It gives us the energy to remain anchored in our faith and to engage ourselves in the work of salvation."
Gérald Caussé

 Here is the last time I saw Gavin and Colby
 Me and Elder Dixon


 I tried on my suit and this is a pic of our role play for elder Dixon! Gotta give him as close to the real thing as possible! ;)




No comments:

Post a Comment