Monday, August 31, 2015

Possum Hunters!

This week was a really good week and I have a lot to talk about! I hope that I can get it all out! 
So this week we went over to Angies one night and as we are walking up her crazy steep hill that kills me every time, we see her husband Conroy just chucking rocks up in the air as his family is watching him. So I'm sitting there just thinking, "Conroy has officially lost it!" Ha but as we got closer we see that he is throwing these rocks at these possums that are climbing around on the electrical wires between the poles! Ha we obviously wanted in! So we went and killed some possums! It was kinda scary but we got the job done! Ha it was sweet though!
Also we were able to get Yuandia to church again and she brought her sister and she is pretty cool as well! We are really excited about their potential! We are still working though! She has some things to overcome.
We were able to teach Eve's friend Bernadette and we had an amazing lesson with her. It was crazy! We got talking with her about her family and we found out that her and her husband have been married for 24 years! It was crazy and to be honest it caught me off guard! People here really struggle with getting married! Let alone staying married! So we were able to share a little with her about forever families and she really liked it. We are working to meet with the whole fam so that we can teach them all about it. The doctrine of forever families is such a great teaching and it just makes sense and answers so many questions. I know that through temple marriage we can be with family for time and all eternity. That has brought so much peace to me to know that. I love my family and I know that no matter what happens, as long as we are faithful we will always be together! I love you all! I hope you have a great week!
With Love, 
Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment